Monday, March 2, 2009

The Red Rose Box

I just finished a really good book the other night. I went up to my bed to read and I ended up finishing it. It had 22 chapters and when I went to read in my bed I was on chapter 8!!, so I read 14 chapters in 2 hours! I was so excited that I read that much! That's the longest I have ever read in my entire life at one time!!! Here is a short summery about the book!

This story takes place in 1953 during segregation and all that stuff.

There was a little girl named Leah who lived with her mom and grandma. She got a present from her Aunt Olivia who was her moms only sister. They haven't talked since before Leah was born. In the box Leah got a bunch of stuff and her mom got a letter in the box to. Next thing you know she was on a train going to her Aunts house in California where there weren't any "whites only" signs. After they had visited and went home Leah's mother got another letter from her sister Olivia and she wanted Leah and her sister Ruth to come with them to New York.

When Leah and Ruth were up in New York a hurricane hit Leah's house and killed her mother and father. Leah and Ruth now have to live with her Aunt Olivia. So what happens next?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the book so much!! We will have to look for more by that author.

    ReplyDelete